Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another World

 My bags are packed, good-byes have been said, house keys are returned, and my time in Lugansk has officially ended!  Well, actually it officially ended on June 3, but the blogging updates have taken quite a back-seat since then!  After a stressful last week of packing and some amazing goodbye parties and lunches (which will slowly find their way here soon-ish), I had an excellent send-off at the train station from some lovely friends:

        
You know, there really IS something romantic about being sent-off at the station for a long train journey!  It's fabulous!

This overnight train took me, four co-workers, and about 40 high school students from our Access program down to крым (Crimea), where I currently am now.  Crimea is a peninsula sub-national unit (officially known as the Autonomous Republic of Crimea) here in Ukraine and boy is it like another world!!!  Wineries, Russian army fleets, mega-resorts of the nouveau riche, glorious cliffs and rocky beaches plunging into the blue waters of the Black Sea...yeah, I can get used to this!


We had an excellent English Access Program camp here last week (photos to come!) and now I've got some time before teacher training begins (which will hopefully include a lot of photo-editing and blog-catching-up), so it's going to be a great place to end my last month in Ukraine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment