Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Colder Than Cold

The past few weeks here in Ukraine have been the coldest of my life.


When I think it can't get any colder, it does.

(all temps in Farenheit to appease my American peeps)

Apparently, Eastern Europe (and much of Western Europe) is going through a crazy cold spell at the moment. People are dying. Government-controlled heat is failing, Tea and coffee are being consumed by the gallons. Just walking outside for 2-minutes gives me a terrible non-ice-cream-induced brain freeze.

And, to top it all off, we haven't had school or work for the past two weeks due to lack of heating at the university! I haven't really been to work since December 16 and I'm starting to get antsy (I NEVER thought I'd say that about extended periods of vacation)!

Here's hoping that this cold snap SNAPS out of it soon...


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was reading the news stories and couldn't believe it. Over here in MO, we have had the mildest winter ever. It dosen't even feel like winter has happened. I think it's very strange. Stay warm Crystal!

    ReplyDelete