Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lugansk!

Heading out to Lugansk's City Festival last Saturday, I couldn't help but think about when Yakov Smirnoff used to say, "In America, you throw party. In Soviet Russia, party throw you!" Haaahhhh...what ever happened to that guy anyway?

Okay, 1980's Branson comics aside, Lugansk's celebration gave me a chance to not only head downtown on a BUS on MY OWN (ahem~), but it was also my first opportunity to wander around downtown for a bit and see what this fair city has to offer when it's throwing a party. Apparently, those things are history:


horses:



street loitering (the fun kind):




masculine displays of strength:


feminine displays of transportation:



and, of course, mail-order brides (hey, Lugansk has a thriving business here...not to mention some seriously gorgeous gals):



I couldn't help but join in...they were just too fun!


Yeah, looks like I couldn't help but join in a lot of places! I'm the new girl in town, and this is the best way I know how to make friends!





At first I thought, "Geeze, this crowd sure isn't easily impressed,"


And then I realized that they were just all probably mesmerized by what was taking place on stage:





And that's how I helped to celebrate the birthday of my new home! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment